Our Training Courses
Bespoke training for the UK culture sector.
Practical, jargon free audience development, marketing and fundraising training, complete with top tips, practical suggestions, break-out sessions and networking opportunities.
Flying Geese specialises in training for the cultural sector. We celebrate the level of experience that each person has and take you to the level where you want to be.
The best training I have been on in 7 years!
“The online training provided by Flying Geese has been inspiring and transformational”
Write your Audience Development Strategy in just 3 days
Thursday 14 September
Thursday 12 October
Thursday 9 November
(There are optional co-working sessions in between to apply the learning to your organisation, network, discuss your thinking with peers and course leader)
This 3-day course takes you through the process of creating your very own audience development plan for your organisation.
During this course you will
- Learn what goes into an audience development strategy
- Use a series of tools and resources to help you develop your thinking
- Apply your learning to your organisation
- Work with colleagues to discuss your ideas
- Write your own audience development strategy for your organisation
Introduction to Audience Development, Marketing, Promotion and Communications
Aimed at those new to development and marketing, or those who need to re-cover the basics
The course covers:
- The difference between audience development, marketing, promotion and communications
- Understanding brand
- Marketing to stakeholders
- Who are you target markets and how can you find them
- Developing content, online marketing, social media and campaign planning
- Measuring success, monitoring and evaluation
Introduction to Fundraising
Tuesday 28 November, Tuesday 5 December, all 9.30am until 11.30am
Tuesday 9 January, Tuesday 16 January, Tuesday 23 January, Tuesday 30 January all 9.30am until 11.30am
Sessions will cover:
- An introduction to fundraising
- Individual giving
- Trusts, foundations and statutory incomes
- Corporate fundraising
- Community and events
- Communication and marketing within fundraising
“This training was mind-blowingly clear, freeing, and opened up many opportunities“
DELEGATE, INTRODUCTION TO AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT
We have a small number of bursaries available for our 3 autumn training courses. One fully funded and a handful of 50% funded places per course. All you have to do is click here to apply.
Applications close at 11:55pm on Fri 25 Aug 2023. We will let you know by Tues 29 Aug if your bursary application has been successful.
Contact us about your bespoke training needs